Indianapolis Colts Leadership Challenge
Indiana Blood Center, in collaboration with the Indianapolis Colts, offers a unique opportunity for Indiana high schools to show their school spirit and leadership by recruiting members of the community to participate in a blood drive, while also helping to ensure hospital patients have the blood components they need during the challenging summer months.
Your football team is invited to be part of the 2017 Colts Leadership Challenge by hosting an Indiana Blood Center blood drive between June 1 and July 26, 2017. Download the Participant Guide.
- Host a blood drive with Indiana Blood Center blood between June 1 and July 26, 2017.
- Set a goal and challenge other teams in your conference to participate.
- Engage parents and the community using the step-by-step support and simple, proven strategies for hosting a successful blood drive.
: There are three ways to win!
- Host the largest blood drive
- Achieve the highest percentage of participation based on total school size
- Recruit 30 wildcard (drawn from teams with 30 or more blood drive participants)
The Game Plan:
- Schedule a visit with your Indiana Blood Center representative before or after a practice to share the importance of blood donations and set the strategy for each player's contribution to the team victory
- Utilize the tools provided and put the game plan in motion
- Set aside time to remind your donors to show up on blood drive day.
Each winning team will receive:
- VIP training camp experience for the team, coaches, and school administration
- Transportation provided by the Colts for winning teams to and from training camp
- Food provided as part of the VIP experience
- Photo opportunity with the Lombardi Trophy and Colts cheerleaders
- Recognition from the Indiana Football Coaches Association
- NFL regulation football customized with team name and logo
- Inclusion in a press release announcing the results of the Colts Leadership Challenge
Questions? Want to Get Involved?
Contact your Indiana Blood Center field representative.