About Us

History 

1952 

Founded as Community Blood Center of Marion County, Inc. by Indianapolis hospitals including, Methodist Hospital, St. Vincent’s Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, Indiana University hospitals and the Marion County Medical Society. The organization served as a clearinghouse to move blood from one hospital to another, staffed by a single person at Methodist Hospital.

1965

 Moved to a location on Meridian Street and began serving hospitals outside of Marion County.

1973

Expanded services promoted a change in name to Central Indiana Regional Blood Center.

1995

Began doing business as Indiana Blood Center as supply agreements were developed with hospitals beyond central Indiana.

2015

On January 1, 2015, Indiana Blood Center joined Versiti, a national alliance of independent healthcare organizations with expertise in blood collection, transfusion and transplantation medicine, stem cell and cellular therapies, hematology, oncology, genomics and more. Together, the expanse of our expertise can save more lives through improved patient outcomes, higher quality services and reduced cost of care for hospitals, and additional services to blood centers, research and educational institutions and other healthcare providers.


Advancing Healthcare

Research efforts in our labs and with our partners drive clinical innovation that translates to improved patient care.

Learn More

DNA Testing

Trust Indiana Blood Center with confidential, timely paternity testing services for children and parents around the globe.

Learn More